Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Closet Chronicles

What is fashion???  Is it all about what's on the runway?  Or on the cover of Vogue?  Is it defined by labels. celebrities, or price??  The answer to all of these questions for me is a big, fat NO!  Fashion is a reflection of life; our lives, the life of the designer, and the life of the community as a whole.  Most of the time when I see something hot, I see it on the streets!  Just check out Essence magazine's column on "Street Style".  That's one of the first sections I look for when reading the mag.  Having said all this and because my fashion is inspired by the streets,  I decided to add a section called "Closet Chronicles" to my blog.  Basically, once a week a will feature a new person who I think has great style, who I feel shows great confident, and who doesn't let others tell them what's fashion.  These ladies all define definitely fashion for themselves! Work ladies!

This weeks "Closet Chroncicles is none other than   Mrs. Jamica


  1. What is your fashion style?
Don’t have a set fashion. Whatever the event is for the day, that’s how I’m going to dress.

  1. How did you develop your fashion sense?
It comes with age. Also trends change monthly. I kind of just go with the flow.

  1. Who are some of your style icons?
Jennifer Hudson, Toccara Jones, Maggie Brown, Monique, Queen Latifah.

  1. Name some of your favorite brands or stores.
Lane Bryant, Ashley Stewart, and Torrid.
  1. Name something in your closet you wouldn’t want to live without.
My 5 inch Waleo heels. I have maybe about 6 pair of just Waleos.

  1. Name a Fall trend that you really like and would consider buying.                                                                                                       This is an undecided factor for me.








No comments:

Post a Comment